Residential Aged Care Services
1. Sachet medication packaging - On Site Sachet Packing System.
Sachet system-roll of sachets pre-packed with medication using specialised machinery.
Find out more about Sachet Medication Packaging
2. Webster Medication Packaging and Management system - Packing, charting, reporting.
Options for Blister Pack-multidose packaging (more than one medication), OR unit dose packaging (one medication per blister).
Find out more about Webster Medication Packaging and Management System
3. Medication charting
- All charting options are provided as per facility request.
4. Regular timetabled Medication Chart Audits
- Performed at regular intervals
- Full report forwarded to D.O.N within 7 days of audit
- Immediate follow-up of any serious issues found
5. In-service training
- Educational Seminars delivered to Facility staff upon request by Pharmacy Pharmacist.
6. Medication reviews and Administration Advice - just a phone call away.
- To crush or not to crush - we can advise.
- With food or on Empty stomach -we can advise.
- Will it interact? - we can advise.
- Can my patient take this OTC medication safely with this drug regime? - we can advise.
- My patient’s allergic to ‘X’, can they take this medication? - we can advise.
7. Management Meetings
- Regular monthly timetabled short meeting between Pharmacist Manager and D.O.N/Clinical Care Co-ordinator.
- Discussion of:
- Incidents/Events of past month.
- Problems/concerns (Pharmacy and Facility).
- Processes that are working well.
- New innovations.
- Medication “Out Of Stocks”.
- General business.
8. MAC meeting attendance
- Pharmacist available to attend all MAC meetings.
9. Accredited pharmacist available to perform RMMRs
- Chempro employs the services of an accredited Pharmacist contracted to perform RMMR’s (Medication Review) within Aged Care facilities and HMR’s (Home Medication Reviews) in the community.
10. Personal Service-Communication is the Key
- Good old fashioned service
- Getting to know you; personal visits; not just phone/e-mail communication, both with our pharmacist and the staff who assist the pharmacist with your facility’s requirements.
11. Large Retail Product selection
- Chempro Chemist Ashmore Plaza has a very large retail business, selling a wide range of items, including:-
- A large variety of vitamins, Pharmacy Medicines (S2) and Pharmacist Only Medicines (S3) medications, diabetic area, weight loss product and a large range of Cosmetics and hair care products.
- Expert advice.
- Staff and residents at our facilities have access to the large Retail product range.
- Facility staff gets a staff discount card giving access to 10% discount when visiting Chemist Ashmore Plaza.
- Regular DAILY timetabled delivery service.
13. After Hours Service
- An After Hours Emergency service is provided at nights and weekends.
- A Pharmacist employed by Chempro Chemist is contactable at all times via an After Hours phone number provided to all facilities.