1 | Policy Commitment
2 | Personal Information
We provide pharmaceutical and other health and beauty related goods and services to the public. In providing these goods and services, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information. Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The types of Personal Information we collect and hold may include the following:
- name and contact details;
- payment details;
- communication between you and us;
- information contained in an application form or other documents;
- activity with our digital or online services; or
- any other information we are required to collect by law.
3 | Collection of Personal Information
We will only collect your Personal Information where it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the conduct of our functions or activates. We will typically collect Personal Information in the course of providing goods and services to customers and in other dealings with those customers and prospective customers. We may also collect Personal Information as we determine necessary from time to time for any purpose in connection with the general conduct of our business.
Where we collect your Personal Information, we will only do so by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonable intrusive way. Where we collect your Personal Information, and it is reasonable to do so, we will collect it directly from you. There may be times where we receive or collect Personal Information from a third party.
4 | Use and Disclosure
We collect your Personal Information so that we can use it for our functions and activities which may include the following:
- activating your account;
- processing your order;
- providing refunds or discounts;
- confirming your identity;
- addressing any feedback or complaints;
- sending marketing materials; or
- complying with relevant law, regulations or codes.
The Personal Information we collect may be disclosed to the following: -
- any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law;
- to third parties that you have been informed of; or
- to our business associates or others.
If information is provided to the above, we will prohibit them from using your Personal Information except for the specific purpose that we have provided it.
5 | Cross Border Disclosure
We will only transfer Personal Information overseas if:
- the transfer is necessary;
- you consent to the transfer;
- the transfer is for your benefit; or
- we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the information transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient inconsistently with the Privacy Act.
6 | Sensitive Information
Sensitive Information is any information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical belief or affiliations, membership of a professional trade association or union, sexual orientation, criminal record, health information or genetic information.
We will not collect, use or disclose Sensitive Information about you unless it is necessary and we have your consent except if we are legally required to collect, use or disclose that information.
7 | Storage and Security
We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure including electronic and physical security measures.
Once practicable after we no longer need your Personal Information we will destroy or de-identify the information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
8 | Access to Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold on you, upon making a written request. We will endeavour to acknowledge your request and provide the information, except where restricted by the Privacy Act.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date. If you believe the Personal Information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
10 | Internet Access
When accessing our website or social media accounts, our internet provider may make records of your visit and log the following information:
- your IP address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site you visited; or
- the type of browser you are using.
11 | Further Information and Complaints
If you have any feedback, require further information or wish to make a complaint about the way we have dealt with your Personal Information, please contact us below:
Ashmore Plaza Chempro
Shop 42-44/146 Cotlew Street
Phone: (07) 5539 1134
Email: [email protected]
We will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your request or complaint. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may also be referred to a number of services as set out below:
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992; or
- Information Commissioner on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/